Friday, June 15, 2012

Sastri Indo-Canadian Institute & Pondichery University Conference (నా పాండిచేరి యాత్ర)

I started from Pune on 09.06.12, morning 05.00 for 'Shatabdi Express'. I reached Hyderabad at 02.00PM. I got to catch Simhapuri Express, which is scheduled at 10.30 to Nellore, from where I need to catch another train (Pinakini) to leave Chennai, and from Chennai I can travel by Bus. This is my not-so-short itenary of tour. I reached Chennai at 01.30AM, and reached Pondichery at 09.00PM by my friends vehicle (Thanks to Vinob for his help).

This is my first visit to Pondichery, the University is very vast in area and also so sylvanic with lush green campus. As I was already in talk to Prof. Venkatramane, I need to report at guest house 2, where my accommodation was arranged. The accommodation was good, not less than my Thailand Hotel. Room number 207 in International Students Hostel was arranged. Vinobe was also stayed that night in the same room. Vinobe left Pondichery early morning 04.00AM. I was not prepared well for the conference, so I strarted preparing PPTs which are necessary for my presentation. I finished PPTs at 07.00AM. There was a boy who brought a cup of coffee to me.

I left to conference hall (near by cultural centre) along with my other few participants. Morning breakfast was arranged to all participants at the same venue. I proceeded to inaugural session in the adjacent conference hall. There was short film on french colonialism and culture in Pondichery. The inaugural session was so vibrant as His Excellency Lt. Governer Honble. Singh was present. He is really nicest personality I every met till now.

My paper was very fist one in the ground floor (parallel session - 1). I proceeded to the session to present my paper. There were very few presenters, my self along with two other Canadians are scheduled to give talks there. I was not so flinching (as usually I used to be) to present a paper, I was so confident about the innovativeness of my research endeavor. In deed, only one or two really understood my concept. Rest was befuddled about the theme. Later (after I listened to other talks) I understood that my paper was so strong about qualntitative methods, usually people find it difficult to pay attention when it is too technical. But I am sure that for participants it is a learning experience.

The participants asked few questions (I was delighted to get such a response, which I was not extepected) about the methodology. I observed that individuals are not so particular about methods, as most of the papers are so plain and subjective in nature, providing room to intutive cogitation. In fact, I had too much expectations on the research content in papers, but I was upset. I know certain researchers in France and Denmark, but they are very much particular about research, which is not the case here. Any way, I really had good experience, I came to know so many things about western research, attitudes and expectations of the individuals. I should admit that it is one of the good experience to me in my research life.

No comments:

Post a Comment